Our Supplement Philosophy
In today’s world of stress, environmental toxins, and gut problems, special health needs are not being met by food alone. This is due to:
- Poor sources of food, including processed, refined, and fast food options that wreak havoc on our health.
- The lack of quality soil and chemicals in our environment. Even organic whole foods don’t contain the nutrient density profile from fifty years ago, because of the lack of nutrients and presence of chemicals in our soil.
- Differing individual nutrient needs; for most people, the government’s Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) is not sufficient for optimal health.
Just as you have different food needs, you also have different nutrient needs that can vary by as much as 10,000% from person to person due to genetics, metabolism, environment, lifestyle, and your current state of health. For example, the nutritional needs of a professional basketball player are totally different from someone suffering from an autoimmune disorder.
As a patient at our private practice, DBC, we assess your unique biochemical needs by completing a thorough examination and taking into account your personal health history. This allows our doctors to tailor supplements to your needs to not only get you out of “health debt,” but to create a thriving state of “health surplus.”
Not only is it important to eat well and adhere to proper supplementation; it’s important to pay attention to the quality of the supplement, which has a huge impact on the success of your healing. That's why Nature’s Remedies offers:
- The highest quality, handpicked supplements, many of which are not available in health food stores. The ingredients are derived only from food in its natural state, as most store-bought vitamins are created synthetically in a lab. Synthetic vitamins can create unbalanced, unnatural disturbances in the body.
- Only supplements backed with a breadth and depth of science-based, evidence-based research. Dr. den Boer actively stays abreast of the current medical research in journals, and frequently attends lectures and seminars to continue incorporating the latest research from both Europe and North America.
*Contact DBC in case of adverse reaction to supplements
For more on our supplement philosophy, check out our video here: