- Supports the Body’s Defenses Against Immune Challenges
- Promotes Healthy Microbial Balance and Spirochete Load
- Helps Maintain Normal Inflammatory Balance
- Often Used in Conjunction with Cat’s Claw, Japanese Knotweed, Andrographis and Sweet Wormwood
- Provides Antioxidant Support
Spirochetes are bacteria that are usually spread by tick bites, and they are often accompanied by other associated microbes that can make recovery especially challenging. Cryptolepis and its main alkaloid, cryptolepine, have shown microbial balancing activity for inhibiting unwanted bacterial organisms. Furthermore, cryptolepine has demonstrated potent activity against spirochetes. In another study, Cryptolepis showed strong activity against both growing and non-growing stationary phase spirochetes.
Cryptolepis root has many traditional uses and has been variously used as an herb to support the immune system against parasites and to maintain microbial and inflammatory balance. Its main constituents are alkaloids, tannins, and flavones. Cryptolepis tincture is often used alongside other plants such as Cat's Claw, Japanese knotweed, Andrographis, and Sweet Wormwood for a comprehensive approach to maintaining microbial balance and reducing immune burden.
Mix 1 full dropper (0.7 mL or approximately 25-30 drops) with 2 fluid ounces of water, twice per day or as recommended by your health care professional.